MedCentral - Mansfield Hospital
335 Glessner Ave.
Mansfield, OH 44903
Important Parking Information
In the fall of 2015, a new, 123,000 square foot medical office building and convenient parking garage will open to better serve you and your family. As you plan your visit, please note these important changes to parking at Mansfield Hospital.
Temporary Parking Changes
- Visitor parking moved to Lot H, at the corner of Glessner and Vennum Avenues
- Patient drop-off and pick-up remains available at the main lobby entrance
- Free valet service available to all patients and visitors at the main lobby entrance
- Handicap parking remains located near the main lobby entrance
Download Campus Parking Map
MedCentral/Mansfield Hospital is a private, non-profit, 326-bed facility which has provided quality health care to the North Central Ohio community since 1915. The hospital offers a comprehensive mix of inpatient and outpatient services, including delicate neurological and cardiovascular surgery, sophisticated diagnostic testing and trauma care.
In a typical year, Mansfield Hospital treats more than 46,000 patients in its Level II Emergency Department, admits more than 13,000 patients, performs more than 8,000 surgical procedures and helps 1,300 babies come into the world.
Mansfield Hospital also offers:
- Open heart surgery, interventional cardiology procedures such as angioplasty, and heart catheterizations are offered through MedCentral HeartCare. The program also offers intensive care treatment for heart attacks, heart failure and home monitoring, an electrophysiology laboratory and cardiac rehabilitation.
- A sleep disorders laboratory.
- An inpatient rehabilitation unit.
- The services of two full-time radiation oncologists and a radiation physicist.
- A pain control center.
- A newly constructed Level II perinatal area with birthing suite, maternity unit and nursery which opened in December 2010.
- On-site, full-time MRI and spiral CT scanning.
- 30 intensive care beds, 90 step-down beds and a 24-bed oncology unit.
- Our Women's Imaging Center, with digital mammography services, non-surgical breast biopsy and bone density studies to test for osteoporosis.
- A 38-bed behavioral health unit.
Louisville-based Kindred Healthcare operates a 33-bed long term acute care hospital in space leased in Mansfield Hospital. Kindred's critically ill, medically complex patients typically require an intensive hospitalization averaging approximately 25 days.
Visiting is arranged to meet patient needs. No more than two visitors at a time is preferable, however special arrangements can be made to accommodate more. Visiting by children is discouraged and will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Visitors may be asked to leave the room if the patient's condition or care necessitates.
- General visitation: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Psychiatric unit: noon to 8 p.m.
- Adolescent Psychiatric unit: noon to 8 p.m.
- Rehab unit: Weekdays 4 to 5 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m.; Weekends 1 to 5 p.m., 6 to 8 p.m.
- Nursery: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m
From the north: From I-71, exit on US 30 traveling west for approximately 6 miles, exit on Ohio 13 and turn left. Follow hospital signs (H) to Glessner Ave. From Ohio 13 travel south following hospital signs (H) to Glessner Ave.
From the south: From I-71, exit on Ohio 13 and turn left for approximately 3 miles. Follow hospital signs (H) to Reba Ave. and Sturges Ave. to Glessner Ave.
From Ohio 13 travel north following hospital signs (H) to Reba Ave. and Sturges Ave. to Glessner Ave.
From US 42 travel northeast to Sturges Ave and follow hospital signs (H) to Glessner Ave.
From the east: From US 30 travel west, exit on Ohio 13 and turn left. Follow hospital signs (H) to Glessner Ave.
From US 42 or Ohio 430 travel west to Park Avenue West, turn left on Main Street/Ohio 13. Follow hospital signs (H) to Glessner Ave.
From the west: From US 30 travel east, exit at Ohio 13 and turn right. Turn left on Ohio 13. Follow hospital signs (H) to Glessner Ave.
From Ohio 430 or 309, travel east to Park Avenue West. Follow hospital signs (H) turning right on Sherman Ave. to Marion Ave. Turn left on Glessner Ave.
Last updated April 20, 2015