What is the MedCentral Surgery Center?
The MedCentral Surgery Center is a freestanding outpatient facility with surgeons from multiple specialties. The Surgery Center is known for its accessibility, long standing positive community image and qualified staff. Our desire at the Surgery Center is to provide quality health care at an affordable price, in a pleasant environment.
We are pleased that you have chosen the Surgery Center for your outpatient surgical procedure. We are certain the Surgery Center, with its highly trained professionals and state-of-the-art medical equipment, will provide a positive alternative for your health care needs.
Preparing for your visit
If your surgery is being performed with only local anesthesia, all of the following instructions may not apply to you. Contact your surgeon with specific questions.
- Have someone drive you home.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight, including gum and mints.
- Remove all jewelry or body piercings.
- Remove nail polish from index finger of each hand.
- Remove makeup.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- If you have been told that you will need crutches after surgery, please bring them with you.
- Arrive 1 hour prior to the scheduled surgery time.
- If you wear contact lenses, you may want to bring a case with you.
- If you are taking prescription blood pressure or heart medicine, please take your usual dose with a swallow of water in the morning of your surgery, if this is the normal time you take this medication.
- If you are diabetic, do not take your insulin or any medicine by mouth used to control your diabetes. Your blood sugar will be checked before surgery at the Surgery Center.
- If you are taking aspirin or any prescription blood thinners, please remind your surgeon. You may need to stop taking this medicine prior to your surgery.
The Surgery Center is licensed by the Ohio Department of Health and is a participating provider in the Medicare program.
For more information:
1030 Cricket Lane
Mansfield, Ohio 44906
Providing Expert Outpatient Surgical Services to the People of North Central Ohio
Last Updated: July 10, 2012