| Transitional Care
Our goal is to help maximize each patient's independence and allow return to living at home.
Who do we help?
Patients typically com to us from an acute care hospital with a variety of diagnoses. Criteria for admission includes:
- Qualifying Inpatient stay
- Medicare or Medicare replacement insurance
- Requires skilled therapy of medical care
- Expectation of returning to home after a short-term stay
- Patients who do not require or are unable to tolerate a more intense Inpatient Rehabilitation program
How do we help?
The following services may be provided during the course of care:
What can you expect?
- Wound care
- IV antibiotics
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Social Work Services
- Discharge Planning
Transitional Care expectations:
- Patients are involved in all decisions made about their rehabilitation program.
- We design an individualized rehabilitation plan of therapy, teaching and activities to help each patient achieve his of her optimum level of function.
- Patients dress in street clothes during the day.
- We will teach both the patient and caregivers about the patient's disability, medication and home therapy programs.
- Each patient will receive weekly prgress notes
- Atleast once during the patient's stay, he or she will have a conference with rehab team members and others he or she designates.
- Our discharge plan will address the home environment, caregiving, medications and follow-up treatment.
- Your program will be flexible to allow for additional needs.
Pets are welcome during visitation hours.
- Monday-Friday: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Satuday and Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
For more information, call Shelby Hospital 419-342-1724
Click for printable brochure
Last Updated on January 29, 2013